Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Life Redeemed

By Troy Moore - Men of Standard Leader

I would like to start by saying hello to all who read this blog.  I am truly blessed that the Lord has let me be a part of the lives of the boys and girls that Building Hope serves so that I can help instill some great and godly things in their lives.  Nothing compares to seeing them come back and tell me that they love me and that their lives are changed.

My story begins when I was very young and began to get in trouble.  I didn't have anyone there for me, and I ended up spending 19 years in prison.  Through this time I was able to look at my life and know that I needed a change.  I overcame all that the devil pushed my way through truly giving it all to God our heavenly Father.  When I look at the kids we have at Building Hope, I see pieces of myself when I was young.  This is why I have so much love for these kids.  If I can keep just one kid from going through what I went through, it will all be worth it. 

I'm pretty tough on the young men, but it's because I know they need it.  They need an adult who cares and who will be hard on them.  I consider them my own kids, and want to see them live up to the dreams God has put in their hearts.  Being here at Building Hope makes a difference to me as well.  It helps me to grow more spiritually every single day.

I want to thank our leaders, Dr. Mark L'Esperance, Pastor Mike Williams, and Mr. Rob Lee for putting me on the staff team after nine years of volunteer service work.  I love you all. 

Troy Moore

Editor's Note
Mr. Troy's oldest son was one of the original students in our program the first year we started.  He has faithfully supported and served Building Hope for over 11 years as one of our parent leaders, giving his time to support his children and others.  We are extremely blessed to have him on our staff.  His oldest son, Brandon, is now at Pitt Community College and works with Project Heart as one of our staff members as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment